Filipino Style Recipe: Adobong talong at baboy or pork and eggplant adobo is another variety of Filipino adobo. The procedures is simple, we fried eggplant until brown and marinate pork then cooked and simmered soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, salt and sugar until tender.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 40-50 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
1/2 kilo pork, cut into serving pieces
2 pieces eggplants (talong), cut into serving pieces
1/3 cup vinegar
salt to taste
cooking oil for frying
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce
3 gloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon peppercorns
3 pieces bay leaves(laurel)
1 tablespoon sugar
1. In a bowl, combine pork, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, sugar and soy sauce. Marinate for 30 minutes.
2. In a pan, heat oil then fry eggplant until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
3. In a same pan, fry marinated pork until brown. Drain and set aside.
1. In a pot, Add pork, marinade, oyster sauce and water then simmer until tender. Add water if necessary.
2. Pour vinegar and simmer for 5 minutes then adjust seasoning according to taste.
3. Add fried eggplant then stir cook for 2 minutes or until sauce is reduce.
4. Remove from heat then transfer to serving plate. Serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Powered by Facebook Comments