Filipino Style Recipe: Spicy Hotdog and Cheese is another simple yet delicious dish made of hotdog and cubed cheese cooked in spicy red sauce. This can be served as appetizer or pulutan together with ice cold beer.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 10 minutes
Good for 2 persons
8 pieces hotdog, cut into 1 inch thick
100 grams cheddar cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
100 grams tomato sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons hot sauce
1 white onion, chopped
1. In a pan, heat oil then saute hotdog until cook.
2. Add onion, cheese, tomato sauce and hot sauce then cook for 3-5 minutes.
3. Transfer to serving plate or sizzling plate. Serve immediately.
Filipino Style Recipe: dinakdakan recipe is a popular Filipino dish especially in Ilocos and northern part of Luzon. It is consisting of hog head and brain cooked in boiling water with spices then grilled until crispy, chopped into small pieces then mix with mayonnaise, onions, salt and pepper to taste. Like sisig this dish is usually serve as appetizer.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 40-50 minutes
Good for 4-6 persons
1/2 hog head(cheek, nose and ear), cut into 2-4 pieces
1 thumb-sized ginger, chopped
4 medium-sized onions, chopped
4 pieces red chili(siling labuyo), chopped
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon peppercorn
3 pieces bay leaves(laurel)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
salt and ground pepper to taste
1. In a big cooking pot, place water and bring to a boil.
2. Add hog head then add peppercorn, bay leaves and salt. Simmer for 30 minutes or until tender.
3. Place the hog brain into plastic bag then boil in the same cooking pot for 5 minutes.
4. Remove the meat and brain from the cooking pot, drain and let it cool for a few minutes.
1. Cut the hog head into grilling size and grill until color turns to brown and crispy.
2. Remove from heat then cut into small slices.
1. In a big bowl, put the sliced hog head with ginger, onions, red chili, ground pepper, vinegar, mayonnaise and brain. Mix well and adjust seasoning with salt according to taste.
2. Serve and enjoy!