Filipino Style Recipe: orange chicken recipe is popular among Chinese restaurants. Normally the chicken comes fried in a crispy batter and the sauce is a blend of orange juice and zest thickens with cornstarch.
Estimated time of preparation: 20 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 30 minutes
Good for 4 servings
1 raw egg, beaten
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
2 cups cornstarch
4 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon grated orange zest
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup vinegar
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons cornstarch(dissolve in 2 tablespoons water)
orange slices, cut into small pieces
1. In a bowl, combine the chicken, egg, salt, ground pepper and then cornstarch. Stir to coat the chicken evenly. Let sit for 15 minutes.
1. In a frying pan, heat cooking oil and deep fry chicken for about 7 minutes or until color turns to golden brown. Drain and set aside.
1. In a sauce pan, put-in the water, soy sauce, vinegar, grated orange zest and orange juice. Bring to boil.
2. Add the garlic, ginger and sugar the simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add cornstarch mixture and simmer for another minute.
4. Add the chicken pieces and orange slices then simmer for 1-2 minutes or until the chicken is tender and the sauce thickens.
5. Adjust seasoning according to taste then transfer to serving bowl. Serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments