Filipino Style Recipe: How to make Maki Sushi? Maki sushi is the most common type of sushi. Sushi is generally made with either nori(seaweed sheets), rice and can be filled with any desire ingredients inside the roll. Here’s the recipe on how to make maki.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 30-40 minutes
Sushi Nori(Dried Seaweed Sheets)
Decide the filling you want, 1 meat + 1-2 vegetables/fruits.
*Any Meat(Raw fish,Smoked Salmon, Seafood Sticks, Cooked Prawns, Tuna, Crab, etc…)
*Vegetables/Fruits(Avocado, Mango, Peaches, Cucumber, Carrots, Beansprouts, etc…)
Mayonnaise or or cream cheese(optional)
sesame seeds or tobiko(flying fish eggs) (optional)
sugar and salt
Bamboo rolling Mat
1. Cook sushi rice with a little salt added.
2. Dissolve sugar into a rice vinegar.
3. When the rice has cooked, add the dissolved sugar and mix thoroughly. The rice will now become even more sticky and clumpy.
4. Let it cool and set aside.
1. Place 1 sheet of nori into the bamboo rolling mat.
2. Cover the nori of rice about 5/6 of the way up, just enough to cover the nori.
3. Add a row of your desired vegetables/fruit and meat on a small portion on one side of the sheet.
4. Then sprinkle some sesame seeds over the fillings or a little mayonnaise to hold meat together.
5. Then roll the nori sheet. Add enough pressure on the bamboo mat to make sure sushi is firm. Don’t include the bamboo mat when you roll the nori sheet.
6. Place the roll on a cutting board. Then slice 1-inch interval using a wet sharp knife.
7. Serve with soy sauce. Enjoy!
1. If no sushi rice is available you could use glutinous rice instead.
Powered by Facebook Comments