Filipino Style Recipe: crispy fried fishkatsu is another low-carbohydrate fish dish. This dish is similar to Japabese pork tonkatsu. Fish fillet is usually marinated then dredge in flour, eggs and breadcrumbs. Dip fry the fish until golden brown then serve with dipping sauce.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20 minutes(plus marinating time)
Good for 2-3 persons
3/4 kilo boneless fish fillet(tilapia, milkfish, salmon, snapper)
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 tablespoons calamansi or lime juice
salt and pepper to taste
cooking oil for frying
1. Marinate fish in calamansi juice, garlic, salt and pepper for 10 minutes.
2. In a bowl, add beaten eggs and sesame oil. whisk well and set aside.
3. Dredge the fish in flour and shake off to remove excess flour.
4. Dip fish in egg mixture and press into bread crumbs to coat both sides.
1. In a frying pan, heat oil over a low heat.
2. Deep fry both sides of breaded fish for 3-5 minutes or until colors turn to golden brown and tender.
3. Drain on paper towels and cut each fishkatsu into bite-size strips.
4. Transfer the fishkatsu into serving plate with sour cream or katsu sauce and shredded cabbage on the side. Enjoy!
for the katsu sauce, please refer to this recipe: http://filipinostylerecipe.com/2013/10/katsu-sauce/
Powered by Facebook Comments