Filipino Style Recipe: Beef curry is another mouth-watering dish inspired to Indian and Islamic cuisine. This dish is another variety of typical Filipino curry dish which is similar to chicken curry. Beef curry is usually made of beef cooked in coconut milk, curry powder and chilies until tender. Curry is one of the popular spices that gives a spicy and strong flavor.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 30-40 minutes
Good for 4-6 persons
1 kilo beef sirloin, cut into serving pieces
3 potatoes, quartered
2 carrots, cut into cubes
2 bell peppers(red & green), cut into cubes
1 cup coconut milk or evaporated milk
3 tablespoons curry powder(dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water)
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons fish sauce(patis)
1/4 teaspoon chili flakes(optional)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pan, fry potatoes and carrots until color turns to light brown. Drain and set aside.
1. In the same pan, saute garlic and onion until soft.
2. Add beef then stir cook until color turns to light brown.
3. Add fish sauce, dissolved curry powder and water then simmer until meat is tender. Add more water if needed.
4. Add bell peppers, fried potatoes and carrots then simmer for another minute.
5. Add coconut milk, salt and ground pepper then simmer for another 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickens. Keep stirring.
6. Remove from heat and transfer to serving plate. Serve hot with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments