Filipino Style Recipe: Crab Meat Aglio Olio is another variety of traditional Italian pasta dish. This dish is made of sauteed garlic in olive oil, chili flakes, crab meat and basil then toss in spaghetti pasta. Aglio olio is usually serve as meryenda(mid-afternoon snack) or in any special occasion.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 6-8 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
400 grams spaghetti pasta
1/4 cup olive oil
8 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
200 grams crab meat or crab sticks, cut into thin slices
1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes(optional)
1/4 cup white wine
10 leaves basil, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large pot, prepare pasta based on cooking instructions. Drain and set aside.
1. In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil then saute garlic, chili flakes until light brown.
2. Add crab stick and then stir cook for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
3. Add white wine and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until sauce reduce in half.
4. Add remaining olive oil, pasta and basil then toss until coat evenly.
5. Transfer to serving plate, top with Parmesan cheese and garnish with basil leaves. Serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments