Filipino Style Recipe: grilled lemon pepper fish fillet is a low-carbohydrate dish. It is usually consists of fish fillet season in butter, lemon juice and grind pepper. Top with slices of lemon and wrap with aluminum foil. Grilled in hot charcoal until tender.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 40 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
4 fish fillet(tilapia, salmon)
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil
slices of lemon
1. Place fish fillet in a good size sheet of aluminum foil.
2. Brush both sides of fillet with melted butter.
3. Season with pepper and lemon juice.
4. Top with slices of lemon, wrap the fish tightly.
5. Grill for about 15-20 minutes on both sides or until tender.
6. Serve with steamed beans.
1. You may also season the fish with salt.
Filipino Style Recipe: pinaputok na tilapia is a grilled/fried stuffed fish, popular on every occasion served as finger food(pulutan). Like Grilled Stuffed Milkfish, tilapia comes grilled or fried with onions and tomatoes inside then wrapped with banana leaves or aluminum foil.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 1-2 persons
1 large tilapia
4 tomatoes, diced
2 onions, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
banana leaves or aluminum foil for wrapping
1. Scale and clean the fish.
2. With a sharp knife, slits the fish both side.
3. Rub the skin with salt. Set aside.
1. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, onions, salt and pepper. Mix well.
2. Stuff the mixture inside the fish.
3. Grease the banana leaf with butter then wrap the fish tightly.
4. Grill or fry the fish for about 10 minutes each side or until fish is tender.
5. Serve with soy sauce and calamansi.
Filipino Style Recipe: chicken inasal is a popular grilled chicken recipe from Bacolod. Normally the chicken marinade with seasonings then grilled in a hot charcoal until tender.
Estimated time of preparation: 1-3 hours(marination) + 5-10 minutes(preparation)
Estimated time of cooking: 15-20 minutes each side of chicken
Good for 4-5 persons
4-5 chicken legs with thigh attached
2 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons calamansi or lime juice
6 gloves garlic, pounded
1 tablespoon ginger, grated
1 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon annatto seeds(dilute in 1/4 cup hot water)
2 tablespoons cooking oil
2 tablespoons butter
1. In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, calamansi juice, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Add chicken, cover and marinate chicken for 1-3 hours inside the fridge.
In a pan, heat oil then add butter, annatto water and a dash of salt. Bring to boil and set aside.
1. Grill marinade chicken over hot charcoal for 15 to 20 minutes while basting each side.
2. Transfer serving plate and serve with steamed rice and spicy vinegar.
Filipino Style Recipe: grilled stuffed milkfish or inihaw na bangus is another popular dish in every occasion that usually served as finger food(pulutan). Normally the milkfish is stuffed with onions and tomatoes then grilled in a hot charcoal. You wrap it with banana leaf or aluminum foil.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 30-40 minutes
Good for 2-3 persons
1 large-sized milkfish(bangus)
2 onions, chopped finely
4 tomatoes, chopped finely
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons soy sauce
aluminum foil or banana leaves for wrapping(optional)
1. Clean fish but keep the scales intact.
2. With a sharp knife, slice the back of the fish and remove innards.
3. Rub the skin with salt.
4. In a bowl, combine soy sauce, tomatoes, onions, salt and pepper. Mix well.
5. Stuff the mixture inside the fish then secure with thread.
6. Wrap with aluminum foil then grilled over hot charcoal for 15 to 20 minutes on each side.
7. Serve with liquid seasoning.