Filipino Style Recipe: Hoisin Pork Chops is consist of thick-cut pork chops coated and cooked into hoisin sauce mixture then serve with steamed bok choy.
3 pieces pork chops(thick cut), skin removed
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
toasted sesame seeds
bok choy, steamed
2/3 cup hoisin sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons vinegar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
1/2 teaspoon dried chili flakes
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1. In a sauce pan, turn and coat pork chops into marinade. Remove pork chops and set aside.
2. Combine marinade and honey then simmer in a low heat for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
1. In a separate pan, heat vegetable oil then sear pork chops until golden brown.
2. Transfer the pork chops into baking pan then pour marinade.
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
4. Transfer to serving plate with sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with steamed bok choy.
Filipino Style Recipe: Spicy Hoisin Chicken is a popular chicken dish originate from China that has become popular in Filipino cuisine. The chicken cooked in hoisin sauce, thick sauce and spices together broccoli and carrot.
500 grams chicken fillet, cut into serving pieces
2 cups broccoli florets
1 carrot, sliced
110 grams shiitake mushrooms
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 thumb-sized ginger, minced
1 tablespoon rice wine
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes
salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon spanish paprika
1 cup water
1. In bowl, marinate chicken in rice wine and cornstarch for 10 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, combine hoisin mixture then stir until well blended.
1. In a pot, boil water with salt. Add carrots then pre-cooked for 3 minutes.
2. Add broccoli and boil for another minute. Drain and wash on running water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
1. In a wok, heat oil then saute garlic, onion and ginger.
2. Add mushroom then stir fry until brown.
3. Add chicken then continue to stir fry until light brown.
4. Pour the hoisin mixture and chili flakes then adjust seasoning according taste.
5. Add carrot and broccoli then simmer until begins to thicken.
6. Transfer to serving bowl then serve immediately with steamed rice.