Filipino Style Recipe: California Maki is the most common type of sushi. Sushi is generally made with either nori(seaweed sheets), rice and can be filled with any desire ingredients inside the roll.
sugar and salt
Bamboo rolling Mat
1. Cook sushi rice with a little salt added.
2. Dissolve sugar into a rice vinegar.
3. When the rice has cooked, add the dissolved sugar and mix thoroughly. The rice will now become even more sticky and clumpy.
4. Let it cool and set aside.
1. Wrap bamboo rolling mat with plastic wrap, this is to prevent rice from sticking to the mat.
2. Place 1 sheet of nori into the bamboo rolling mat.
3. Cover the nori of rice about 5/6 of the way up, just enough to cover the nori.
4. Sprinkle with Masago evenly over the top of rice then flip facing down.
5. Add a row of fruit and meat on a small portion on one side of the sheet.
6. Add a little mayonnaise over the fillings to hold meat together.
7. Then roll the nori sheet. Add enough pressure on the bamboo mat to make sure sushi is firm. Don’t include the bamboo mat when you roll the nori sheet.
1. Place the roll on a cutting board. Then slice 1-inch interval using a wet sharp knife.
2. Transfer into serving plate then serve with mayonnaise or dipping sauce.