Filipino Style Recipe: angel hair pasta in shrimp and lemon sauce is another simple and low-carbohydrate dish. It is usually consist of pasta and a combination of cream, shrimp and lemon juice.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 15-20 minutes
Good for 4-6 persons
350 grams pasta(I prefer angel hair)
500 grams medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
3/4 cup whip cream
1/4 cup chicken stock or water
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
salt and pepper
1/2 cup parsley(kinchay),chopped(optional)
1/4 cup spring onions, chopped(optional)
zest of a lemon(optional)
1. In a large pot, prepare the pasta based on cooking instructions. Drain and set aside
1. In a sauce pan, pour the chicken stock, cream and lemon juice and simmer in a low heat for 5 minutes.
2. Add shrimp, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until the shrimp is done. Add water if needed.
3. Add parsley and green onions and cook for another minute.
4. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
1. In a serving bowl, put the pasta and pour the sauce.
2. Add lemon zest and Parmesan cheese. Mix well and serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments