Filipino Style Recipe: Green Salad Tocino is another variety of green salad incorporated with Filipino twist by adding our favorite breakfast such as tocino or ham. The honey added to the Greek dressing adds to the sweetness of this salad.The anchovies and cheese gives it the right amount of saltiness for contrast.
1 pack romaine lettuce
1/4 cup leftover cooked tocino or ham
2 tablespoons olives, pitted
2 tablespoons dried tomatoes
6 pieces cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoons capers
6 pieces boneless anchovies
2 tablespoon ground Parmesan cheese
For the dressing:
1/4 cup Greek dressing
2 tablespoon honey
1. In a bowl, combine Greek dressing and honey then mix well.
2. In a big bowl, tear lettuce into serving pieces.
3. Add the olives, dried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, capers, anchovies and tocino.
4. Add the honey dressing then toss.
5. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Powered by Facebook Comments