Filipino Style Recipe: Pork Tocino is a popular breakfast dish along with garlic rice and egg. This dish is made of pork meat cured in red food coloring and delicious spices. The meat is marinated and refrigerated for several days to achieved the best result.
1 kilo pork loin, slice into pieces
1 tablespoon salt
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/2 teaspoon food coloring(red)
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1. In a bowl, combine curing mixture then mix together until well combined.
2. Rub and press the meat into curing mixture until evenly distributed.
3. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 3 days.
1. To cook, heat oil over medium heat then fry for 3 minutes per side.
2. Transfer into serving plate, then serve with garlic rice and fried egg. Enjoy
Filipino Style Recipe: Green Salad Tocino is another variety of green salad incorporated with Filipino twist by adding our favorite breakfast such as tocino or ham. The honey added to the Greek dressing adds to the sweetness of this salad.The anchovies and cheese gives it the right amount of saltiness for contrast.
1 pack romaine lettuce
1/4 cup leftover cooked tocino or ham
2 tablespoons olives, pitted
2 tablespoons dried tomatoes
6 pieces cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoons capers
6 pieces boneless anchovies
2 tablespoon ground Parmesan cheese
For the dressing:
1/4 cup Greek dressing
2 tablespoon honey
1. In a bowl, combine Greek dressing and honey then mix well.
2. In a big bowl, tear lettuce into serving pieces.
3. Add the olives, dried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, capers, anchovies and tocino.
4. Add the honey dressing then toss.
5. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.