Filipino Style Recipe: Agar-Agar Salad is another popular appetizer or dessert of Filipinos that is commonly served in every special occasions like Christmas and New Year. Salad is consist of gelatinous substance blend in condensed milk and cream together with various fruits.
4 tablespoons agar-agar powder
2 liters water
1 tablespoons flavoring extract (pandan, orange, pineapple, etc) (optional)
1 can fruit cocktail
2 big cans all purpose cream
1 big can (370ml) condensed milk
1. In a pot, combine, agar-agar powder, flavoring extract and water then stir until dissolved.
2. Bring to boil over medium heat until slightly thicken. Keep stirring.
3. Pour the mixture into baking pan or rectangular-shaped container. Set aside and let it cool until solidify.
1. Scrape the agar-agar into strips.
2. In a large bowl, combine fruit cocktail, cream and condense milk then mix.
3. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Serve cold.
Powered by Facebook Comments