Filipino Style Recipe: Mango Salsa is a delicious and colorful salsa made with mangoes, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice and spring onion. This is usually serve as side dish for with fried or grilled food.
Estimated time of preparation: 5-7 minutes
2 mangoes, peeled and diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1 onion, diced
2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons spring onion, chopped
1. In a large bowl, combine mango, tomatoes, onion, cilantro and spring onion then toss together.
2. Sprinkle with remaining spring onion then serve with sauteed shrimp paste.
Filipino Style Recipe: Tomato salsa is a popular Mexican dipping sauce and become popular in any restaurants. Salsa is a Spanish word for “sauce” and basically made of tomatoes, onion, cilantro and jalapeno. This dipping sauce has a mixed taste of sour, salty, sweet and spicy flavor. Mostly, this is commonly serve with chips together with cold beer.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
2 big-sized canned whole tomatoes
1 big-sized white onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 cup cilantro, chopped
1 cup basil, chopped
2 pieces bird’s eye chili or 1 jalapeno, deseeded and diced
1 small-sized lime or 4 calamansi, deseeded and juice
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt or 2 teaspoons fish sauce
1. In a blender or food processor, place all the ingredients then pulse it a few times or until the right consistency is achieve.
2. Adjust seasoning according to taste then transfer to serving bowl. Serve with chips.
Filipino Style Recipe: Fish fillet ala pobre with tomato-mango salsa is an easy and simple dish made of fried fish fillet topped with fried garlic and tomato-mango mixture. I got this idea from one of the morning show when a popular catering Chef executed on how to make this dish.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 4 servings
4 pieces fish fillet (tilapia, salmon, snapper)
1 head garlic, grind
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste
canola oil for frying
4 pieces tomatoes(kamatis), cut into small pieces
1 medium-sized green mango(mangga), cut into small pieces
1 onion, cut into small pieces
1/4 cup soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon tomato sauce(optional)
1 green bell pepper, cut into small pieces(optional)
1 tablespoon chopped parsley(optional)
1. Season fish fillet with salt and pepper then fry until light brown.
2. Drain on paper towel then transfer to serving plate.
1. In a bowl, combine tomato-mango salsa ingredients then stir well. Set aside.
1. In a same pan, reduce oil then saute garlic until light brown.
2. Add butter and soy sauce then stir until butter is melted.
3. Pour the sauce over fish fillet then serve with tomato-mango salsa.