Filipino style recipe: beef stew is a tomato-based recipe and commonly served as main dish. Normally the beef simmered until tender, then cooked in tomato sauce, bell pepper, carrots and potatoes. Some may add liver spread and cheese to make the sauce creamy.
300 grams beef sirloin, cut into thin slices
1/2 small can liver spread
1 white onions, cut into rings
3 cloves garlic, minced
250 grams tomato sauce
2 large potatoes, cubed
1 large carrots, cubed
2 red and green bell peppers, diced
5 cups water or beef stock
1/8 cup vegetable oil
2 hot chili(labuyo), chopped(optional)
1/4 cup cheese, grated or cubed(optional)
1. In a pan heat oil and fry potatoes and carrots until golden brown.
2. Drain and set aside.
1. In a pot, heat oil and saute garlic and onions.
2. Add beef, continue sauteing for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add tomato sauce and water and simmer for 30 minutes or until beef is tender. Add water if necessary.
4. Add liver spread then simmer for another 5 minutes.
5. Add carrots, potatoes, bell pepper and chili. Simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
6. Adjust seasoning with sugar, salt and pepper according to taste.
7. Add cheese and simmer for another 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
8. Transfer to serving plate and serve with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments