6 pounds chicken wings, cut into serving pieces
salt and ground pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
1 & 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In a bowl, combine sauce ingredients then mix until well blended. Set aside.
2. Rub chicken with salt and ground pepper.
1. In a pan, melt butter then sear chicken until golden brown both sides.
2. Transfer chicken into baking pan then pour sauce mixture until well coated.
3. Bake in a preheated oven over 200 Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until caramelized.
4. Transfer to serving plate then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
300 grams scallops, rinsed
a bunch of green beans, trimmed
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoon olive oil
sugar, salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a pan, combine sauce mixture then simmer until thicken. Set aside.
1. Season scallops with sugar, salt and pepper.
2.In a pan, heat oil then melt butter. Add scallops then cook until brown and caramelize. Set aside.
1. In a same pan, saute garlic, onion and parsley. Add oil and butter if necessary.
2. Add green beans then stir cook for 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
1. Transfer scallops and green beans into a serving plate then drizzle with thicken sauce.
2. Garnish with remaining parsley. Serve.
Filipino Style Recipe: glazed mackerel with water spinach is a low-carbohydrate dish. It is usually consists of mackerel fillet marinade in a blend of honey, brown sugar and soy sauce. Stir fried until tender then served with wilted water spinach as side dish.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 50 minutes
Good for 4-6 servings
2 slices mackerel(tanigue) fillets, 1 inch thick
1 lemon, juice
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
2 gloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
2 bunches fresh water spinach, trimmed
2 tablespoons white wine(optional)
1. In a bowl, marinate mackerel fillets in lemon juice for 10-15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
1. In a sauce pan, melt butter then saute garlic.
2. Add brown sugar, honey and soy sauce then bring to boil until reduces in half. Keep stirring.
3. Pour the sugar mixture over the mackerel then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside for 10 minutes.
1. In a frying pan, heat olive oil and fry mackerel fillets while basting with sugar mixture.
2. Brushing the top with mixture so the fish begins to caramelize.
3. Cook until the side turns to golden brown and begins to caramelize both sides.
4. Remove from the pan and set aside.
1. In a sauce pan, melt the butter then add spinach, salt and pepper.
2. Pour wine then cook for a minute or until the leaves begin to wilt. Drain.
3. Drain then transfer to serving plate and arrange mackerel on top. Serve immediately!
Filipino Style Recipe: glazed carrots recipe is a quick and healthy meal. It is mainly made up of carrots boiled in salted water then cooked in butter and sugar. If using, you may add maple syrup and cinnamon.
Estimated time of preparation: 5 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 15 minutes
Good for 4 servings
500 grams carrots, peeled and slice into 1/4 inch disks or diagonally.
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon white pepper(optional)
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon(optional)
2 tablespoons of maple syrup(optional)
1. In a sauce pan, pour water with salt and bring to boil. Add carrots, cover and then cook for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well.
1. In a sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat then add the carrots.
2. Add the maple syrup then sprinkle with cinnamon, sugar and white pepper. Stir well.
3. Cook until the juices are reduced to a glaze.
4. Remove from heat. Serve hot!
1. You may use baby carrots instead.