6 pounds chicken wings, cut into serving pieces
salt and ground pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
1 & 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In a bowl, combine sauce ingredients then mix until well blended. Set aside.
2. Rub chicken with salt and ground pepper.
1. In a pan, melt butter then sear chicken until golden brown both sides.
2. Transfer chicken into baking pan then pour sauce mixture until well coated.
3. Bake in a preheated oven over 200 Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until caramelized.
4. Transfer to serving plate then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Filipino Style Recipe: Spicy Wings in Tomato Sauce is another mouth-watering dish that consists of a chicken wings cooked in tomato sauce together with potatoes, carrots, herbs and seasonings.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 40 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
500 grams chicken wings, cut into serving pieces
1 large-sized carrot, cut into serving pieces
1 large-sized potatoes, cut into wedges
1 large-sized tomatoes, chopped
115 grams tomato sauce
1/2 cup chicken stock
a dash of dried rosemary
a dash of dried chili flakes
a dash of dried basil
1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoons butter
salt and pepper to taste
cooking oil for frying
1. Season chicken wings with salt and pepper.
2. In a frying pan, heat oil then fry chicken wings until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. In a same pan, fry potatoes and carrots until light brown. Drain and set aside.
1. In a sauce pan, heat oil then melt butter. Saute garlic, rosemary, and tomatoes until soft.
2. Pour chicken stock, tomato sauce, cumin, chili flakes and basil then simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper according to taste.
4. Add chicken wings, carrots and potatoes then simmer for another 2 minutes.
5. Transfer to serving plate then serve with steamed rice.
Filipino Style Recipe: Hot and Spicy Chicken Wings is another easy and mouth-watering chicken dish. This is usually made of chicken wings marinated then fry until golden brown. The fried chicken wings coated in a blend of spicy sauce and seasonings then usually served as appetizer or pulutan.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 30-40 minutes
Good for 3-5 persons
500 grams chicken wings, tips removed
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup red hot chili sauce
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1/4 cup brown sugar
cooking oil for deep frying
1. In a bowl, combine chicken wings, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Marinate for 30 minutes.
2. In a frying pan, heat oil then dredge the chicken wings in flour then deep fry until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
3. In a pan, melt butter then add ketchup, hot sauce, chili flakes and brown sugar. Stir well.
4. Add chicken wings then toss until well coated. Transfer to a platter then serve.