3/4 kilo chicken wings, cut into sections
4 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons vinegar
4 teaspoons sesame oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
a pinch of black pepper
4 teaspoons cornstarch
spring onion, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. In a bowl, combine, chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar, and garlic.
3. Season chicken wings with salt, pour half of the sauce then toss until well-coated.
1. In a baking pan, spread chicken wings in a single layer.
2. Bake chicken wings for 20 minutes, then flip each wings and bake for another 30 minutes.
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, pour remaining sauce then add cornstarch, mix well.
2. Microwave for 20 seconds or until becomes thick.
3. Toss chicken wings into the sauce then transfer into serving bowl.
4. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and spring onions. Serve immediately.
6 pounds chicken wings, cut into serving pieces
salt and ground pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
1 & 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In a bowl, combine sauce ingredients then mix until well blended. Set aside.
2. Rub chicken with salt and ground pepper.
1. In a pan, melt butter then sear chicken until golden brown both sides.
2. Transfer chicken into baking pan then pour sauce mixture until well coated.
3. Bake in a preheated oven over 200 Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until caramelized.
4. Transfer to serving plate then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Filipino Style Recipe: Spicy Wings in Tomato Sauce is another mouth-watering dish that consists of a chicken wings cooked in tomato sauce together with potatoes, carrots, herbs and seasonings.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 40 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
500 grams chicken wings, cut into serving pieces
1 large-sized carrot, cut into serving pieces
1 large-sized potatoes, cut into wedges
1 large-sized tomatoes, chopped
115 grams tomato sauce
1/2 cup chicken stock
a dash of dried rosemary
a dash of dried chili flakes
a dash of dried basil
1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoons butter
salt and pepper to taste
cooking oil for frying
1. Season chicken wings with salt and pepper.
2. In a frying pan, heat oil then fry chicken wings until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. In a same pan, fry potatoes and carrots until light brown. Drain and set aside.
1. In a sauce pan, heat oil then melt butter. Saute garlic, rosemary, and tomatoes until soft.
2. Pour chicken stock, tomato sauce, cumin, chili flakes and basil then simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper according to taste.
4. Add chicken wings, carrots and potatoes then simmer for another 2 minutes.
5. Transfer to serving plate then serve with steamed rice.
Filipino Style Recipe: Hot and Spicy Chicken Wings is another easy and mouth-watering chicken dish. This is usually made of chicken wings marinated then fry until golden brown. The fried chicken wings coated in a blend of spicy sauce and seasonings then usually served as appetizer or pulutan.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 30-40 minutes
Good for 3-5 persons
500 grams chicken wings, tips removed
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup red hot chili sauce
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1/4 cup brown sugar
cooking oil for deep frying
1. In a bowl, combine chicken wings, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Marinate for 30 minutes.
2. In a frying pan, heat oil then dredge the chicken wings in flour then deep fry until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
3. In a pan, melt butter then add ketchup, hot sauce, chili flakes and brown sugar. Stir well.
4. Add chicken wings then toss until well coated. Transfer to a platter then serve.