1 kilo pork meat with fat, sliced into thin pieces
bamboo skewers (soak in water for 15 minutes)
1 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup calamansi or lime juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/4 cup banana ketchup (optional)
1. In a large container, combine marinade ingredients and pork. Marinate inside the fridge overnight.
2. Remove pork from marinade.
1. In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup marinade then mix with 1 tablespoon oil and ketchup for basting.
1. Arrange marinated pork as desired on bamboo skewers then brush with marinade mixture.
2. Repeat the steps for the remaining pieces.
1. Grill pork over hot charcoal for 5 minutes on each side or until tender while basting with marinade mixture.
2. Transfer serving plate and serve with spicy vinegar. Enjoy!
Filipino Style Recipe: Fish burger patty is consist of fish flakes mixed together with eggs, minced onions, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt and pepper. Flattened the mixture into a disc-like shape then fried or grilled until tender.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 30-40 minutes(plus refrigerating time)
500 grams fish fillet (tuna, milkfish, etc)
1 onion, minced
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup bread crumbs
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. In a pan, arrange fish then cover with water. Bring to boil and simmer until fish is tender. Drain and pat dry.
2. In a large bowl, place fish then mash with a fork into flakes.
1. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients then mix thoroughly.
2. Divide the mixture into serving pieces. Roll the mixture into balls and flatten into 1/2 inch on an even surface.
3. In a tray with grease-proof paper, arrange patties then cover with plastic. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
1. Fry or grill patties for 3-4 minutes each side or until color turn to brown.
2. Serve with mushroom gravy or with buns together with sliced tomato, lettuce, cucumber and onion rings.
Filipino Style Recipe: Beef kebabs(kebobs) is a popular middle eastern dish that is made up of meat and/or vegetables grilled on a skewers or spit. The traditional meat for kebab is made of lamb meat, but some used beef, goat, chicken, pork and fish. This dish was adopted in Central and South-east Asian regions specially in the Philippines.
Estimated time of preparation: 30 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 10-15 minutes
Good for 10-12 sticks
1/2 kilo beef sirloin, cut into cubes
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 white onion, sliced
1 tomato, sliced
100 grams pineapple chunks(optional)
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon cooking oil
10-12 pieces metal or bamboo skewers
1/2 cup soy sauce
2/3 cup pineapple juice
1/8 cup calamansi or lime juice
1/2 teaspoon grind black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. In a bowl, combine beef and marinade then cover and marinate for overnight inside the fridge.
2. Soak bamboo skewers in water for 15 minutes. Set aside.
1. Drain beef from marinade. Combine ketchup and oil in marinade then mix well for basting.
2. Arrange beef and vegetables as desired on skewers then brush with marinade mixture.
3. Repeat the steps from remaining pieces.
1. Grill kebabs over hot charcoal for 10-15 minutes or until tender while basting with marinade mixture.
2. Transfer serving plate and serve.
Filipino Style Recipe: grill fish steak recipe is normally the fish fillets marinade then grill on high heat until done. Serve with any sauce you desired, I prefer tartar sauce.
Estimated time of preparation: 40 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 2 servings
2 pieces (170 grams each) fish fillets(tuna, salmon, lapu-lapu, tanigue)
1 clove garlic, minced
6 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped(optional)
1 teaspoon dried basil(optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, salt, ground pepper, lemon juice, basil and parsley.
2. Add fish fillets and marinade in refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
1. Preheat the grill 4 inches from high heat then brush lightly with oil to prevent sticking.
2. Grill fillets for 5 minutes each side or until fillets is done.
3. Transfer the fillets to serving plate with tartar sauce.
4. Serve and enjoy!