Filipino Style Recipe: Ice Scramble or iskrambol is a popular Filipino street food consists of shaved ice, milk, sugar, extract and red liquid coloring. This dessert is easy and simple to preapared and usually served during meryenda (mid-afternoon snack) or summer season.
1 medium-sized can evaporated milk
1/2 teaspoon banana or vanilla extract
few drops of red liquid coloring
3 cups shaved ice
1. In a mixing bowl, combine evaporated milk, banana extract, sugar and liquid coloring.
2. Add shaved ice then mix until well blended.Adjust consistency as desired.
1. In a cup, pour ice mixture then top with milk powder, marshmallow and chocolate syrup.
2. Serve immediately.
Photo credit to Soneng
Filipino Style Recipe: Avocado Ice Pops is a refreshing dessert freeze on a stick made of avocado flesh, sugar syrup, lime juice and salt.
2 ripe avocados, scoop the flesh
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1. In a sauce pan, add water then heat in a low heat. Add sugar then keep stirring until dissolved. Remove from heat then let it cool to room temperate.
2. In a blender, combine avocados, sugar syrup, lime juice and salt then blend until smooth.
3. In a ice-pop molds, divide the mixture evenly then freeze until solid.
Filipino Style Recipe: Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream is a healthy dessert dish made of banana and peanut butter mix together until soft-serve consistency then chill before serve. This dish is a perfect dessert specially during summer season.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes(plus freezing time)
Good for 2 servings
8 pieces ripe bananas, peeled and slice into discs
4 tablespoons peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract(optional)
* grind almonds
* chocolate chips
* crushed chocolate cookies
1. In a food processor or high-speed blender, place bananas then process until creamy and smooth.
2. Add peanut butter and vanilla extract then process again until well blended and soft-serve consistency.
3. Transfer into freezer-safe container then place in freezer for at least 2 hours.
4. Serve chilled with toppings.
Filipino Style Recipe: Halo-halo is a famous Filipino dessert consists of shaved ice, milk and various sweet ingredients then mixed together. Top with ice cream, ube halaya or leche flan makes the halo-halo’s special and delicious. This dessert is easy and simple to prepared and usually served during meryenda(mid-afternoon snack) that is commonly sold along the streets and usually served during summer season. The famous Halo-halo that I’ve tried so far are from Razons and Chowking, the kids really love this dessert.
Estimated time of preparation: 5-8 minutes
ice cream, any flavor(optional)
Choose at least 5 sweets you want:
*coconut gel(nata de coco)
*sweetened red beans
*sweetened bananas(minatamis na saging)
*ube halaya or leche flan
1. In a bowl or tall glass, combine 1 tablespoon of each sweets and sugar.
2. Add shaved ice then pour evaporated milk top with leche flan, ice cream and rice crispy. Serve immediately.
Filipino Style Recipe: iced coffee is another refreshing beverage and usually served during afternoon or summer season. This refreshing drinks is made of coffee, milk, sugar and ice cubes. I always prepare this refreshing drinks from my leftover morning coffee then I refrigerate it until afternoon.
Estimated time of preparation: 2-3 minutes
Good for 1-2 servings
1 tablespoon coffee(depend on the strength you want)
2 cups non-fat milk(or any type of milk)
3 tablespoons sugar or condensed milk
vanilla ice cream(optional)
1. Combine coffee, sugar and milk then stir and blend according to taste.
2. In a tall glass, Put ice cubes 3/4 full then filled with coffee mixture.
3. Top with vanilla ice cream then serve.
Filipino Style Recipe: mais con yelo is another sweet and refreshing beverage. This beverage is made of corn kernels, milk, sugar and cubed ice. Mais conyelo is an easy Filipino meryenda(mid-afternoon snack) that is commonly sold along the streets and usually served during summer season.
Estimated time of preparation: 5 minutes
sugar or condensed milk
corn flakes or crispy pinipig(optional)
1. In a tall glass, put 2 tablespoons of corn kernels
2. Add 1 tablespoon sugar then add shaved ice.
3. Pour 1/4 cup of evaporated milk then top with 1 tablespoon corn kernels.
4. Sprinkle with corn flakes then serve chilled.